Nursing Instructor, Associate Degree Nursing Program (FAC2664)
Company: Hutchinson Community College
Posted on: January 8, 2021
RESPONSIBILITIES:Essential Functions -
- Teach effectively the approved theory, lab, and clinical
curriculum to prepare students to become registered nurses.
Teaching assignments include alternative delivery systems, such as
on-line or web supported. Areas to cover: Mother-Baby, Advanced
Medical Surgical and Crisis Care.
- Participate in planning and organizing the nursing curriculum
as defined by the Kansas State Board of Nursing and/or the
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
- Create and maintain a positive educational climate designed to
enhance learning and motivation.
- Utilize appropriate teaching methodologies and instructional
materials to meet student's needs and abilities.
- Participate in continuous evaluation of the nursing preparation
- Participate in the advisement, counseling, and recruitment of
- Attend required program and pertinent activities of faculty,
the advisory committee and the community college. Serve actively on
campus and program committees.
- Collaborate with clinical agencies in arranging and
implementing assigned clinical experiences.
- Document and evaluate student progress providing feedback and
counseling as necessary to promote successful learning.
- Participate in and support assessment, program review and
documentation of program and student learning outcomes.
- Pursue professional development through classes, workshops, or
- Arrive for work on time, attend work regularly, and
successfully perform the assigned responsibilities for this
- Comply with HutchCC policies, practices, and
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of
the Nursing program.QUALIFICATIONS (Essential):
- Master's Degree in nursing required (BSN with academic progress
toward this requirement may be considered under special
- Current Kansas license to practice professional nursing.
- Teaching experience in an associate degree nursing education
- Clinical specialization in medical/surgical and critical care
- Curriculum development experience in an associate degree
nursing education program preferred.
- The ability to work effectively with many people.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 25
pounds, walk, bend, stoop, reach, push/pull, carry, etc.; excellent
verbal, written, and listening communication skills; excellent
organizational skills; ability and willingness to collaborate;
ability to work independently. Light to moderate, indoor work
- Mental requirements include the ability to learn and comprehend
basic instructions about the position.
- Physical and mental qualifications must be performed with or
without a reasonable accommodation. -The qualifications listed are
guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may
be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.SALARY and
STATUS:The salary is determined by the Hiring Schedule in the
2020-2021 local Master Agreement. This full-time faculty position
is 9-months annual + 10 additional days (180 work days per
contract), due process rights eligible, benefit eligible, and
exempt. For a copy of the hiring schedule for this position, please
see the attached schedule, or you may visit the following address
http://www.hutchcc.edu/hiring-scheduleThe hired candidate shall be
required to submit official, non-issued to student,
Keywords: Hutchinson Community College, Hutchinson , Nursing Instructor, Associate Degree Nursing Program (FAC2664), Education / Teaching , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!