Nursing Instructor, Associate Degree Nursing Progr
Company: Hutchinson Community College
Posted on: May 12, 2022
- May advise prospective and enrolled students in the appropriate
- May mentor honors students.
- May mentor new faculty after a minimum of one year of
- May sponsor co-curricular activities such as Hutchinson
Association of Nursing Students.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Program
Director, the Department Chairperson, the Vice President of
Academic Affairs, or as specified in the local Master Agreement.
- Master's Degree in nursing required. (BSN may be accepted with
current progress towards an MSN).
- Teaching experience in an associate degree nursing education
- Current unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the state
- Certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Minimum of two years nursing experience providing direct
- Ability to incorporate study skills, adult learning theory, and
teaching/learning strategies to improve student persistence and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional
relationships with staff, students, faculty and other HutchCC
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from
diverse ethnic, racial, socioeconomic, gender and disabilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in a student-centered
- Ability to be attentive to detail, to accurately follow written
and oral instructions, and to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and willingness to
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 25
pounds, walk, bend, stoop, reach, push/pull, carry, etc.; excellent
written, verbal and listening communication skills; ability to
understand words and respond effectively and appropriately; Visual
acuity to view a computer terminal; to use appropriate judgment and
to apply tact and courtesy in difficult situations; Light/indoor
- Mental requirements include the ability to learn and comprehend
basic instructions about the position.
- Physical and mental qualifications must be performed with or
without a reasonable accommodation.
- The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection
purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if
sufficient to perform the duties. SALARY and STATUS: The salary is
determined per the 2022-23 Hiring Salary Schedule in the local
HutchCC Master Agreement. This full-time faculty position is nine
months annual + 10 additional days (180 work days per contract,
based on contract renewal), due process rights eligible, benefit
eligible, and exempt. For a copy of the hiring schedule for this
position, please see the attached schedule, or you may visit the
following address: http://www.hutchcc.edu/hiring-schedule.The
selected candidate will be required to submit official, non-issued
to student, transcripts.
Keywords: Hutchinson Community College, Hutchinson , Nursing Instructor, Associate Degree Nursing Progr, Education / Teaching , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!