English Instructor - Full-Time Outreach (FAC3175)
Company: Hutchinson Community College
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: RESPONSIBILITIES:Essential Functions
- Teach assigned courses in Comp. I and II transfer curriculum
and/or developmental composition. Teaching assignments may include
evening courses and teaching via alternative delivery systems.
- Assignments will include teaching at various high school
locations and daily travel to various locations. High school
semesters may extend beyond the HutchCC academic calendar.
- Plan, implement, and sponsor appropriate activities to
- Manage and report student grades and attendance records (in
online format) per Master Agreement.
- Assist in departmental selection of textbooks, development of
curricula, tracking and entering assessment data.
- Maintain skills in teaching methods and course development as
recommended by HutchCC.
- Maintain evaluation and attendance records as requested by the
department chair and/or Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Foster positive professional relationships with local and area
high school faculty and staff.
- Participate, as possible, in professional development
activities at the college and within state and regional
- Arrive on time for work, attend work regularly, and
successfully complete the responsibilities of the position. Comply
with HuchCC policies, procedures, and practices. Secondary –
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Department
Chairperson with input from the Vice President of Academic Affairs,
the Executive Director of Outreach, or as specified in the local
Master Agreement. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree in English or equivalent required.
- Community college teaching experience preferred.
- Able to incorporate study skills, learning theory, and
teaching/learning strategies to improve student persistence and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional
relationships with staff, students, faculty and other HCC
- Ability to be attentive to detail, to accurately follow written
and oral instructions, and to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from
diverse ethnic, racial, socioeconomic, gender and disabilities
- Maintain confidentiality in a student-centered
- Physical requirements include excellent verbal, written, and
listening communication skills; excellent organizational skills;
ability and willingness to collaborate; ability to work
independently; visual acuity to view a computer terminal; use of
appropriate judgment, tact, and courtesy in difficult
- Light to moderate, indoor work environment. The qualifications
listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative
qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the
duties.SALARY and STATUS: The salary is determined by the Hiring
Schedule in the 2022-2023 local Master Agreement. This full-time
faculty position is 9-months annual 170 work days per contract,
(based on contract renewal), due process rights eligible, benefit
eligible, and exempt. For a copy of the hiring schedule for this
position, please see the attached schedule, or you may visit the
following address http://www.hutchcc.edu/hiring-schedule TO BE
CONSIDERED AS A CANDIDATE, THE APPLICANT MUST HAVE A COMPLETE
DOSSIER (resume, official transcripts, letters of reference, and
the application form) ON FILE.
Keywords: Hutchinson Community College, Hutchinson , English Instructor - Full-Time Outreach (FAC3175), Education / Teaching , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!