Coordinator/Instructor, Surgical Technologist Curr
Company: Hutchinson Community College
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: RESPONSIBILITIES:Essential Functions
- Participate in planning and organizing surgical technologist
curriculum, including the establishment of course competencies and
- Create and maintain a positive education climate designed to
enhance learning and motivation.
- Utilize appropriate teaching methodologies and instructional
materials to meet student needs and abilities.
- Participate in continuous evaluation of surgical technologist
curriculum in collaboration with the Director of Surgical Services
at Hutchinson Regional Medical Center.
- Participate in advisement, counseling and recruitment of
students to program.
- Attend required, pertinent activities of faculty, advisory
committee, community college and clinical agencies.
- Assume responsibility for organizing and implementing assigned
clinical experiences in collaboration with Allied health Department
Chairperson and cooperating agencies.
- Document and evaluate student progress providing feedback to
- Display positive professional and personal qualities.
- Pursue professional development.
- Serve actively on campus committees.
- Comply with HutchCC policies, practices, and procedures.
- Arrive on time for work, attend work regularly, and
successfully complete the responsibilities of the position.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by Allied Health
Department Co-Chairperson and Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Possess a minimum of an Associate Degree.
- Have documented education or experience in instructional
methodology, curriculum design and program planning.
- Be a graduate of an education program in surgical technology
accredited by a nationally recognized programmatic accreditation
- Possess a credential in the field of surgical technology
through a national certification program that is accredited by the
National Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
- Have a minimum total of five years of experience, either in the
operating room scrub role or as an instructor in surgical
technology, or a combination of both, within the past ten
- CPR certification required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in a student centered
- Ability to be attentive to detail, to accurately follow written
and oral instructions, and to work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with students, staff, administrators, faculty and
- Physical requirements may include but are not limited to the
ability to lift, stand, bend, stoop, reach, climb, push, pull and
carry. Lifting requirement may vary considerably, but typically
will be up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills;
the ability to understand words and respond effectively and
appropriately. Visual acuity to view a computer terminal. Use
appropriate judgment and apply tact and courtesy in difficult
- Mental requirements include the ability to learn and comprehend
basic instructions about the position.
- Physical and mental qualifications must be performed with or
without a reasonable accommodation.
- The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection
purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if
sufficient to perform the duties.SALARY and STATUS:The salary is
determined per the 2022-2023 Hiring Salary Schedule in the local
HutchCC Master Agreement. This full-time faculty position is nine
months annual plus forty (40) additional days for recruiting
responsibilities (210 days), due process rights eligible, benefit
eligible, and exempt. For a copy of the hiring schedule for this
position, please see the attached schedule, or you may visit the
following address: http://www.hutchcc.edu/hiring-schedule The
selected candidate will be required to submit official, non-issued
to student, transcripts
Keywords: Hutchinson Community College, Hutchinson , Coordinator/Instructor, Surgical Technologist Curr, Education / Teaching , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!