Company: Corizon Health
Posted on: February 3, 2020
Medical Director opening in Hutchinson, Kansas. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com About Corizon
HealthCorizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional
healthcare in the United States.We are a company built on more than
40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.Our people,
our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that
make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your
correctional healthcare career.Responsibilities
- Serve as Chairman of the Medical Audit Committee.
- Consult with medical providers in the community to resolve
issues in delivering services to inmates.
- Supervise the clinical services provided by the professional
and paraprofessional staff.
- Annually review and approve clinical protocols, policies and
procedures, and medical disaster plan.
- Provide direction and assistance to the on-site quality
assurance program including review and action on inmate complaints,
and infection control.
- Monitor referrals to outside healthcare facilities for
appropriateness, quality, and continuity of care.
- Sponsor Physician Assistants in compliance with the state law
for correctional facilities. Serve as a professional resource for
all Physicians working at the facility(s).
- Assist in screening, interviewing and evaluating credentials of
- Serve as discussion leader for selected in-service training
classes. Represent the healthcare program in discussions with local
civic groups or visiting officials. As requested, attend medical
director's meetings at the Corizon Health central office.
- Attend Pharmacy Therapeutic Committee meetings (and other
meetings, as required).Experience & Requirements
- License to practice medicine in the state of employment
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Board-certified or board eligible in primary care specialty
(family practice, internal medicine, surgery) requiredBenefits
- Benefits for you:5 Weeks Paid Time Off
- No weekends or evenings
- Minimal on-call
- No overhead
- Medical & Dental
- Company matched retirement plan
- Continuing Medical Education allowance
- Paid malpracticeBackground check, security clearance, and drug
screening required.Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general
consideration.Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment
opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all
positions without regard to race, gender, national origin,
religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran,
or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected
VeteransID 2019-6446Job Locations US-KS-HutchinsonCategory
Physician & Physician LeadershipPosition Type Regular
Part-timeShift / Schedule Weekday DayLocation ID 04554 Keyphrases:
health administration jobs, medical director jobs, hospital
administration jobs, hospital administrative jobs, healthcare
administration jobs, administration jobs, healthcare administrator
jobs, medical administration jobs, chief medical officer jobs,
medical director position jobs, associate medical director jobs,
medical administrative jobs, healthcare ceo jobs, medical ceo jobs,
executive director jobs
Keywords: Corizon Health, Hutchinson , Medical Director, Executive , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!