Advisor - Allied Health and Nursing Department (AD
Company: Hutchinson Community College
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential functions
- Provide enrollment and advising services in Allied Health and
Nursing Department program areas to include:
- Preparing course schedules according to certificate and degree
- Maintaining records and communicating responsibilities to
- Supporting academic planning that matches student goals with
program requirements and general education requirements within the
- Facilitate a seamless transition to college systems including
career and transfer services, student access portal, and degree
- Complete academic advisor training and maintain advising
certification as directed by the Director of Enrollment Management
and Advising Services and the Coordinator of Advising and Career
- Assist with the Selective Admission Program Applications by
reviewing student transcripts from various institutions and
determine applicability within healthcare curriculum.
- Develop individual intervention plans and implement retention
procedures to address irregular attendance, lack of resources,
educational transactions, and other concerns.
- Maintain resource materials related to advising and career
counseling, assisting with annualized course schedules and building
cohort enrollment schedules with students.
- Verify student placements and enrollment that includes checking
all pre-requisites are met.
- Utilize multiple contact management delivery systems (e.g.,
virtual, text, call, chat, face to face, and/or email) and document
student communications accordingly.
- Assist with Graduation Applications, Financial and Academic
Appeal Forms, and Applications for degree and certificate
- Coordinate advising referrals with Program Coordinators,
Admissions Office, Marketing Offices, instructors, and other
advisors as needed.
- Participate actively on institutional committees.
- Arrive for work on time, attend work regularly, and
successfully complete the responsibilities of the position.
- Comply with HutchCC policies, procedures, and practices.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Allied Health
Department Chairpersons.QUALIFICATIONS: Required –
- Baccalaureate degree required.
- Experience or training in testing/measurement and academic
advising of students is preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively, effectively, and
professionally with students, faculty, administrators, and
- Communicate effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic,
racial, socioeconomic, gender and disabilities populations.
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheets, word processing, and
presentation software is preferred.
- Maintain confidentiality in a student-centered
- Physical requirements include: The possess eye/hand/foot
coordination sufficient to operate equipment, tools, , perform
other physical activities as becomes necessary. Possess excellent
verbal, written, and listening communication skills; ability to
understand words and respond effectively and appropriately; Visual
acuity to view a computer terminal; Use appropriate judgment and
apply tact and courtesy in difficult situations; Light/indoor work
- Mental requirements include the ability to learn and comprehend
basic instructions about the position.
- Physical and mental qualifications must be performed with or
without a reasonable accommodation.
- The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection
purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if
sufficient to perform the duties.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related technology,
including common SALARY and STATUS: The salary is commensurate with
qualifications as determined by the HutchCC administration. This
full-time support staff position is 12 months annual/261 work days
per year, benefit eligible, at-will, and exempt.
Keywords: Hutchinson Community College, Hutchinson , Advisor - Allied Health and Nursing Department (AD, Healthcare , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!