Phlebotomist - Part Time
Company: Hutchinson Clinic P.A
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Hutchinson Clinic - Hutchinson, KS
Collects blood and other patient specimens. Schedules and advises
patients for special laboratory tests and procedures. Distributes
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Maintain professional and friendly atmosphere for
- Abide by all lab /clinic policies and procedures.
- Achieve competence in both venipuncture procedures for both
pediatric and adult patients.
- Maintains patient confidentiality. Abide by HIPAA.
- Able to efficiently deliver specimens to main lab and
understands importance of specimen integrity.
- Abide by Clinic policies and guidelines.
- Achieve competence in swab collection procedures for pediatric,
adult and geriatric patients. Phlebotomist I - New Hire/Trainee
- Demonstrate competency to work independently (14
- Monitor department inventory and supplies
- Will take Saturday shifts and perform venipuncture in
contracted nursing homes
- Minimum of 90 days at level 1 unless hired with national
certification or at least 1 year of phlebotomy experience
Phlebotomist II - Certified (Must complete or demonstrate
competency in each of the following prior to eligibility)
- Perform check-in procedures at front desk
- Completion of in-house or national certification
- Demonstrated capacity to perform 4 venipunctures per hour.
- Monitor vitals as a part of therapeutic phlebotomy
- No disciplinary action received in past 90 days
- Experience: On the job training.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Interpersonal Skills: Good communication skills, courtesy,
tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work
involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the
- Other Skills: Basic computer skills Work Environment & Physical
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity
and eye hand coordination.
- Frequent standing, bending, and walking required for extended
periods of time.
- Requires visual acuity and normal color perception.
- Lifts and carries items weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and bend.
- Must be able to distinguish color gradients necessary in
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties,
responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be
amended at any time at the sole discretion of Hutchinson
Keywords: Hutchinson Clinic P.A, Hutchinson , Phlebotomist - Part Time, Healthcare , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...