Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Corizon Health
Posted on: December 29, 2018
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Hutchinson, Kansas. This and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Correctional Care - Committed Careers - Corizon HealthCorizon Health, Nursing professionals - called to excellence. Job Reference Number:11799At Corizon Health, we share a common bond to deliver extraordinary care and client service. We take pride in achieving excellence and honoring our responsibility to deliver safe, effective and efficient healthcare services that better our communities. Join our team and experience a work culture that encourages professional growth, development and well-being. Find out why, as healthcare experts, we could work anywhere, but we choose to work at Corizon Health and make a difference together.We have an exceptional opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN) at Hutchinson Correctional Facility located in Hutchinson, KS. This role is offering $10,000 in tuition reimbursement and five weeks of paid time off for new full-time employees! Correctional care is a highly specialized field of nursing that allows you autonomy and the rare opportunity to use most of your nursing skills. You may see triage care, dentistry, lab, x-ray, ophthalmology, infirmaries, emergency rooms, and much more. Correctional nurses are the first on the scene healthcare providers, so no two days are alike. We welcome nurses from all backgrounds including, but not limited to new graduates, nursing homes, hospitals, dialysis, home health, and doctor's offices. You will be able to treat trauma, chronic illness, substance abuse, and mental illness to name a few.Apply online or email resume to Jocelyn Lee at interest, but have questions? Speak to a well experienced Correctional Specialist. Call Jocelyn Lee at phone for more information.Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment
- Possess or ability to obtain a CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) Certification
- Knowledgeable of specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening. Responsibilities:
- Deliver quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Registered Nurses.
- In accordance with local practice acts and regulations, delegate and ensure supervision of nursing activities and functions to other competent nursing personnel appropriate to their scope of practice.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for the quality of care delivered; works to ensure a safe environment for themselves, the patient and other staff members.
- Acts as a patient advocate that promotes the quality of health care delivered in the facility and serve as a leader at all times to promote best practices within the profession of nursing
- Tasks, activities, and functions as delegated and may make an assignment of duties to others as defined in their state of practice act.
- Ensuring that tasks, activities, and functions assigned to others can safely be performed by the person receiving the assignment based on their educational preparation
- Provide monitoring of tasks, activities and functions that are assigned to others to ensure proper understanding and completion.
- Visit the infirmary daily, documents encounter in patients' Medical Record as assigned. Ensure Medical Record documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds to the therapeutic order. Ensures all documentation is timed, legible and signed. Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
- Contribute to the assessment of the health status of patients.
- Participate in the development and modification of a patient's plan of care.
- Perform delegated tasks, activities and functions that are consistent with prior educational preparation and within the scope of practice.
- Provide direct basic care to assigned (multiple) clients within the structure of the healthcare program at their facility.
- Provide safe and effective nursing care and assumes responsibility for the care delivered.
- Implements patient education based on established teaching plans.Benefits offered to the Corizon Health Registered Nurse (RN)
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(k) with company match
- Free online Continuing Education program
- Comprehensive Onboarding
- Mentor and Preceptor ProgramsOur nurses have the opportunity to become Certified Correctional Healthcare Professionals (CCHP), a designation given by the National Commission on Correctional Health Care.Apply online or email resume to Jocelyn Lee at or phone for more information.Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Keywords: Corizon Health, Hutchinson , Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!