Company: Corizon Health
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Medical Director opening in Hutchinson, Kansas. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com About Corizon
HealthCorizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional
healthcare in the United States.We are a company built on more than
40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.Our people,
our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that
make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your
correctional healthcare career.We have an exceptional opportunity
for a Medical Director to join our healthcare team at theHutchison
Correctional Facility in Hutchison, KS.Responsibilities
- Serve as Chairman of the Medical Audit Committee.
- Consult with medical providers in the community to resolve
issues in delivering services to inmates.
- Supervise the clinical services provided by the professional
and paraprofessional staff.
- Annually review and approve clinical protocols, policies and
procedures, and medical disaster plan.
- Provide direction and assistance to the on-site quality
assurance program including review and action on inmate complaints,
and infection control.
- Monitor referrals to outside healthcare facilities for
appropriateness, quality, and continuity of care.
- Sponsor Physician Assistants in compliance with the state law
for correctional facilities. Serve as a professional resource for
all Physicians working at the facility(s).
- Assist in screening, interviewing and evaluating credentials of
- Serve as discussion leader for selected in-service training
classes. Represent the healthcare program in discussions with local
civic groups or visiting officials. As requested, attend medical
director's meetings at the Corizon Health central office.
- Attend Pharmacy Therapeutic Committee meetings (and other
meetings, as required).Experience & Requirements
- License to practice medicine in the state of Kansas
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Board-certified or board eligible in primary care specialty
(family practice, internal medicine, surgery) requiredNot ready to
apply? Connect with us for general consideration.Corizon Health is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance
with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified
applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race,
gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation,
disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE
including Disability/Protected VeteransJob Locations
US-KS-HutchinsonCategory Physician & Physician LeadershipPosition
Type Regular Full-timeShift / Schedule Weekday Day Keyphrases:
health administration jobs, medical director jobs, hospital
administration jobs, hospital administrative jobs, healthcare
administration jobs, administration jobs, healthcare administrator
jobs, medical administration jobs, chief medical officer jobs,
medical director position jobs, associate medical director jobs,
medical administrative jobs, healthcare ceo jobs, medical ceo jobs,
executive director jobs
Keywords: Corizon Health, Hutchinson , Medical Director, Healthcare , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!