Linux Systems Administrator
Company: Data Center Inc
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Linux Systems AdministratorLinux Systems AdministratorLinux
Systems Administrators are responsible for the design,
documentation, implementation, maintenance, monitoring and support
of systems and software integral to DCI?s core processing
functions. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server
applications, configuring new implementations, and developing
processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server
environment. The Systems Administrator will apply analytical and
problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve
issues in order to maximize the performance and benefit of IT
systems investments. Also responsible for the monitoring and
deployment of Log Management and Patch Management Systems.Salary:
$60,000 - $80,000 Depending on Experience.DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIESDuties may include but are not limited to:
- Primary support and maintenance of our Linux server
- Follow pre-defined operating policies and procedures to ensure
security and standards
- Monitors, tests, debugs, and documents new, modified, and
- Monitors systems for expected performance.
- monitoring/interpreting/reporting of logs/events
- performance tracking and tuning
- Is responsible for patch management of the systems managed by
this department and for ensuring that patches are applied in a
- Uses coding methods (scripting, etc.) to initiate or enhance
both systems administration functions and system performance to
reach optimum foundation hardware and software utilization.
- backup and recovery
- Assists in Disaster Recovery design, implementation, and
- Interface with other elements of the client support structure
including tracking client issues, updating client tickets, and
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of department
standards and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Other
- This position requires travel to various DCI facilities.
Overall travel is usually minimal throughout the year, but
depending upon circumstances, may be required with only a short
notice. On occasion, travel to off-site locations and/or extended
stay at those locations (5 or more days) can be required.
- In addition to travel, this position is on call for major
problems 24x7. Interruptions after normal hours are usually minimal
but can obviously vary.EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Information Systems or related
- 1 to 3 years of Linux systems experiencePOSITION REQUIREMENTS /
- Basic to advanced knowledge of Linux.
- Basic to advanced knowledge and understanding of financial data
processing system design methods, techniques, and standards.
- Understanding of client-server structure.
- Proficiency in working with scripts.
- Possesses sound analytical problem determination and
- Confident understanding of enterprise datacenter technologies
including Networking, Security, TCP/IP, SAN and NAS, physical
- Understanding of supporting technologies: DHCP/DNS, Anti-Virus,
- Solid general understanding of distributed computing concepts,
including the principles of network routing and client/server
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
processes and procedures
- Effective planning, coordination, time management, and
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Advanced PC operation skills, word-processing, and spreadsheet
software proficiency, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Microsoft Office
- Experience with CUPS is a plus
- Experience with Relational Databases (Oracle experience is a
plus).Standard BenefitsDCI provides a comprehensive benefit package
that promoteswork-life balance, growth and job satisfaction,
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Vision Insurance
- FSA and HSA
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Community Service Opportunities
- Supplemental Coverage Options
- 401(k), Roth 401(k) company match
- Profit Sharing
- Casual Attire on Most Days
- And Much More!About Data Center IncDCI began in 1963 when four
community bankers collaborated to create the first shared data
processing company of its kind this side of the Mississippi. Today,
we serve hundreds of banks coast to coast, yet still remain
privately owned by a group of the clients we serve. Keeping our
priorities focused on people over profits.DCI is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Data Center Inc, Hutchinson , Linux Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!