Security Officer FT/PT/PRN
Company: Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Inc.
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Protects the life and property of all patients, visitors, and
staff on the premises of Hutchinson medical Center and its
affiliates. Reduces the occurrence of criminal activity, provides a
safe and secure location, and performs other functions necessary to
foster a positive healing experience.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and
accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are
equally respectful to all.
- Patrols all buildings and grounds of the campus and off campus
affiliates and reports all safety and fire hazards.
- Responds to emergency calls to assist in controlling disorderly
and combative patients, visitors, and suspects that may result in
extreme heavy lifting, running, restraining, and exposure to
chemicals, fluids, etc.
- Investigates incidents of criminal acts such as thefts,
batteries, assaults, and violations of restraining orders.
- Assists motorists, pedestrians, and visitors while on the
premises of Hutchinson Regional Medical Center or its
- Abides by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
privacy and security regulations regarding all aspects of Protected
Health Information (PHI).
- Serves a population newborn through geriatric.
- Assists with Plant Operations monitoring equipment on third
shift and minor Plant Operation repairs and minor maintenance.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Basic computer data entry, keyboarding, and report
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Verbal de-escalation techniques.
- Self defense training.
- Supervisory skills.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of
honesty and the willingness to do the right thing.
The ability to role model, inspire and motivate others to
promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of
Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of caring
that is reflected in a high level of empathy and customer service
with all that we come in contact.
Ability to manage conflict, consider other points of view, and
offer alternative solutions without jeopardizing overall project
direction and the ability to manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated track record of ownership of situations, projects
Able to work autonomously and have a high degree of flexibility
to adapt to changing projects, priorities and work volumes.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse
Treat all internal and external customers with a positive,
proactive service orientation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a proven
ability to influence and lead teams to conclusion/decision
- Proven ability to think strategically but also must be able to
lead day-to-day tactical processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and provide coaching and
leadership on complex projects.
- Must be able to lead and/or facilitate process
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Prior experience in Security, Law Enforcement, Hospital care,
or Corrections background.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1-5 years Law Enforcement / Corrections/Military related field
- Military experience.
- Trade School diploma or certificate.
- Valid Kansas driver's license Class A, B, C.
- All Current Certifications.
- MANDT Certification within 3 months of hire date.
We offer competitive pay, a generous benefit package and a
reason to be proud of what you do, every day.
Keywords: Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Inc., Hutchinson , Security Officer FT/PT/PRN, Other , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!