Heartland Credit Union is looking for an accounts payable
Heartland Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative
serving over 29,000 members. We've been proudly serving our members
since 1948. HCU has many locations in Kansas including Wichita,
Hutchinson, Newton and Haven. Learn more about Heartland Credit
Union by going to www.hcu.coop.
The person will work from our Support Center, located at 4000
North Monroe in Hutchinson, KS.
Normal office hours, Monday - Friday.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the
- Responsible for all the accounts payable processing. Including
payments to vendors and payments and postings to HCU corporate
- Responsible for the monthly calculation, posting and
reconciliation of prepaids, accruals, fixed asset depreciation and
- Creates and maintains a fixed asset register.
- Responsible for the accounts receivable and accounts payable
transactions between HCU and affiliates (MMS).
- Reviews and balances various reports and documents.
- Sets up and maintains miscellaneous spreadsheets.
- Posts to and reconciles all assigned general ledger
- Researches, tracks and resolves accounting or documentation
problems and discrepancies or refers to the proper person and/or
- Collaborates with various other departments to ensure branch
personnel are working with HCU products, processes, and policies in
an efficient and effective manner.
- Maintains effective communication with vendors in response to
various issues with invoices
- Promotes goodwill and a positive image of HCU through community
- Ensures HCU's professional reputation is maintained.
- Keeps management informed of area activities, changes in
competitive conditions, and significant problems.
- Completes required reports and records accurately and
- Attends and participates in meetings and training as
- Actively contributes to positive, professional working
- Provides superior service to staff, management and
- Pro-actively supports and advances HCU's culture.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Prior office experience required.
- One year of related experience preferred.
- Good typing skills.
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Well organized.
- Cooperative and willing to assist others.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to use related computer applications.
- Knowledge of Excel or another spreadsheet program
- Proficient in the use of all related hardware and software
applications including MS Office Suite.
- Sedentary work, sitting most of the time.
- Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally.
Check out a full list of our benefits on our Career Page by
going to www.hcu.coop and then finding "Careers."
For immediate consideration:
To apply from our career site, go to Apply Now. If you are
viewing from an outside posting board, go to www.hcu.coop, then
find "Careers." You must create an account to apply and upload a
resume. All inquiries are completely confidential.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
Heartland Credit Union an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Heartland provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. Heartland hires and
promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications
for the job to be filled. We encourage qualified minority, female,
veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open
positions. This practice applies to all areas of employment
including recruitment, hiring, training and education, promotion,
termination, compensation and all conditions and privileges of
employment in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
Full Job Description