Telecommunication Dispatcher FT/PT/PRN -Variable hours
Company: Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Inc.
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Assumes responsibility for switchboard operation, alarm
monitoring, after hours Doctors answering service, Hospice and Home
Care of Reno Co. answering service, functions as the communications
hub for the facility, disseminates information and maintains
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and
accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are
equally respectful to all.
- Monitors and dispatches internal emergency response to all
Kansas Standardized Emergency Codes integrated with Life and
Facility Safety alarms. Provides and disseminates information and
maintains departmental records. Works closely with 911 dispatches
during emergency situation.
- Performs as Communication Center during Hospital Incident
Command System activation for internal or external disasters such
as Mass Casualty or Severe Weather situations
- Helpdesk after hours calls, urgent calls EverBridge page for
tech support, non-urgent email sent to helpdesk for next day follow
- Operates as an after-hours messaging center for Hutchinson
Clinic and Hutchinson hospital doctors.
- Demonstrates proficient and efficient receipt and relay of
communications via mastery of Lucent switchboard, public address
systems, written, oral, and electronic communications.
- Utilizes Hutchinson Regional on-call systems in an efficient
and accurate manner including the interpretation of practice and
departmental schedules, demonstrating conformity with
Telecommunications protocols for contacting staff.
- Abides by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
privacy and security regulations regarding all aspects of Protected
Health Information (PHI).
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Active listener of transmissions of various types of
communication messages (written, oral, and electronic
- Strong background in customer service.
- Moderate computer level skill.
- Keyboarding skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Microsoft Office software program utilization (Excel,
- Previous exposure to a medical environment.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of
honesty and the willingness to do the right thing.
The ability to role model, inspire and motivate others to
promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of
Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of caring
that is reflected in a high level of empathy and customer service
with all that we come in contact.
Ability to manage conflict, consider other points of view, and
offer alternative solutions without jeopardizing overall project
direction and the ability to manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated track record of ownership of situations, projects
Able to work autonomously and have a high degree of flexibility
to adapt to changing projects, priorities and work volumes.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse
Treat all internal and external customers with a positive,
proactive service orientation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a proven
ability to influence and lead teams to conclusion/decision
- Proven ability to think strategically but also must be able to
lead day-to-day tactical processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and provide coaching and
leadership on complex projects.
- Must be able to lead and/or facilitate process
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree or higher in communications or related
- Previous switchboard or dispatching experience.
- One-year office or medical office employment.
We offer competitive pay, a generous benefit package and a
reason to be proud of what you do, every day.
Keywords: Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Inc., Hutchinson , Telecommunication Dispatcher FT/PT/PRN -Variable hours, Other , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!