Medical Assistant II - OBGYN
Company: Hutchinson Clinic
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Provide medical assistant duties in the Nursing Department
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Consistently performs specific assigned daily and general
duties; meet deadlines
- Regularly attends and participates in assigned meetings
- Meets established attendance criteria and starts work
- Knows and consistently implements the organization's mission
and all approved policies, protocols, and procedures.
- Regularly supports compliance and accreditation efforts as
assigned (e.g. OSHA, HIPAA)
- Consistently demonstrates good use of time and resources
- Maintaining personal contact with patients and relatives, being
sensitive to their needs for courtesy, dignity, and privacy and
ensuring a friendly environment at all times.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to
- Proficient in execution of Medical Assistant I Job duties.
- Demonstrates competence in performing SQ, IM, and intradermal
injections of authorized medication as ordered by the provider and
following routine standing orders
- Effectively communicates with patients/families and other
members of health care team over the phone.
- Assist provider with patient examinations and procedures (minor
surgery, casting, pelvic exams, nebulizer treatments, spirometry,
colposcopy, etc). Make consent forms available to provider and
document in Invasive Procedure log as appropriate.
- Demonstrates initiative to keep clinic flow moving through
effectively prioritizing work
- Understands importance of personal contribution and
- Demonstrates appropriate and accurate documentation of patient
encounter with their providers and can act as a medical scribe as
- Performs all Essential Job functions and responsibilities.
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude, appearance and
relationship with patients and staff.
- Observes all clinic guidelines and polices.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience: Minimum one year experience as a Medical Assistant
or related job
- Education: High School Education or GED equivalent. CNA, CMA,
or completion of a Medical Assisting program is preferred. BLS is
- Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are
essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with
others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding
routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information
which may require some discussion.
- Other Skills: Ability to deal with the public efficiently,
courteously, politely, and effectively. Knowledge of EMR system.
Must demonstrate consistent professional conduct. Must possess
excellent verbal and written communication as well as excellent
interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other health care
- Occasionally lifts or carriers items weighing up to 25
- Requires full range of body motion
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Vision and hearing to normal range
- Exposure to communicable diseases
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties
and responsibilities comprising the position.
Keywords: Hutchinson Clinic, Hutchinson , Medical Assistant II - OBGYN, Other , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!