RN - Inpatient Wound - PRN
Company: Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Provides individualized quality patient care, develops and
implements nursing care plans, and maintains the patient's medical
chart. Maintains and applies principles of safety. Recognizes when
and how to escalate patient concerns up the chain of command. Works
in cooperation with other health team members.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and
accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are
equally respectful to all.
- Evaluates, plans, implements, and documents individualized
nursing plan of care for patients of all ages. (Newborn and
Children: Specific to ED, LDRP, Pediatric Units.)
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care
goals and including the patient and family in discussions regarding
medical issues, testing, medications, and self-care skills.
- Observes the patients' physical, mental, and emotional
conditions and reports any changes as appropriate.
- Provides direct patient care and support as part of the health
- Mentors, develops and trains new staff and students.
- Abides by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
privacy and security regulations regarding all aspects of Protected
Health Information (PHI).
- Must be able to demonstrate unit-specific competencies required
by unit-specific checklists. This should occur within a reasonable
orientation timeframe to a new unit and on-going thereafter.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to apply the basic principles of nursing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Keyboarding skills and basic computer skills.
- Multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of
honesty and the willingness to do the right thing.
The ability to role model, inspire and motivate others to
promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of
Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of caring
that is reflected in a high level of empathy and customer service
with all that we come in contact.
Ability to manage conflict, consider other points of view, and
offer alternative solutions without jeopardizing overall project
direction and the ability to manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated track record of ownership of situations, projects
Able to work autonomously and have a high degree of flexibility
to adapt to changing projects, priorities and work volumes.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse
Treat all internal and external customers with a positive,
proactive service orientation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a proven
ability to influence and lead teams to conclusion/decision
- Proven ability to think strategically but also must be able to
lead day-to-day tactical processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and provide coaching and
leadership on complex projects.
- Must be able to lead and/or facilitate process
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Graduate of nursing program
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BSN is strongly preferred
- Previous experience
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of
- American Heart Association BLS is required within 30 days of
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR SURGICAL SERVICES (ONLY)
- Regular and Holiday call is required for RNs in OR, CVOR,
Endoscopy and Perianesthesia.(No call is required for staff
assigned to PASS.)
- RNs assigned to OR, CVOR and Endoscopy require a 30 minute
response time when being called in.
- RNs assigned to Perianesthesia require a 45 minute response
time when being called in.
We offer competitive pay, a generous benefit package and a
reason to be proud of what you do, every day.
Keywords: Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Inc., Hutchinson , RN - Inpatient Wound - PRN, Other , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!