Unit Assistant - ICU - PRN
Company: Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Participates in direct patient care and other supportive
activities under the direct delegation of the licensed nursing
staff. Maintains and applies principles of safety. Recognizes when
and how to escalate patient concerns up the chain of command. Works
in cooperation with other health team members.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and
accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are
equally respectful to all.
- Functions in the ICU as a Nurse Assistant, Unit Clerk and
Monitor Tech as determined by department needs.
- Performs individualized patient-focused care and technical
tasks under the direct delegation of a registered nurse that are
based on the developmental levels of the department's specific
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and
respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output as
- Assists with bathing, feeding, dressing, turning and
repositioning, and transporting (wheelchair, cart, or walking)
utilizing a patient-centered approach.
- Answers call lights, phones, changes bed linen, directs
visitors, runs errands, and performs other functions as directed by
the nursing staff.
- Observes the patients' physical, mental, and emotional
conditions and reports any changes to the nursing staff.
- Recognizes and reports unusual rhythms or rhythm changes to the
- Abides by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
privacy and security regulations regarding all aspects of Protected
Health Information (PHI).
- Serves a population newborn through geriatric.
- Performs clerical functions related to the unit.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to perform patient care, take vital signs, etc
- Knowledge of heart rhythms
- Computer/data entry skills
- Multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of
honesty and the willingness to do the right thing.
The ability to role model, inspire and motivate others to
promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of
Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of caring
that is reflected in a high level of empathy and customer service
with all that we come in contact.
Ability to manage conflict, consider other points of view, and
offer alternative solutions without jeopardizing overall project
direction and the ability to manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated track record of ownership of situations, projects
Able to work autonomously and have a high degree of flexibility
to adapt to changing projects, priorities and work volumes.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse
Treat all internal and external customers with a positive,
proactive service orientation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a proven
ability to influence and lead teams to conclusion/decision
- Proven ability to think strategically but also must be able to
lead day-to-day tactical processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and provide coaching and
leadership on complex projects.
- Must be able to lead and/or facilitate process
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- One year nurse assistant experience in an acute care
- Healthcare Provider BLS through the AHA or ARC before start
- Certification as a CNA in the State of Kansas
We offer competitive pay, a generous benefit package and a
reason to be proud of what you do, every day.
Keywords: Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Inc., Hutchinson , Unit Assistant - ICU - PRN, Other , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!