Access Specialist - CCBHC - Same Day Acces - Horizons - FT
Company: Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Access Specialist assures that consumers are connected with
the right programs and services and seek to close referral gaps
that consumers may encounter while receiving care in the CCBHC
clinic. The Access Specialist is responsible for collecting,
managing, and reporting required data related to CCBHC required
outcomes and measures. This requires both interpersonal and data
management skills. The Access Specialist must be able to work
collaboratively with consumers, families, internal programs,
external providers, and all aspects of the CCBHC network. The
Access Specialist must be an outcome focused individual that seeks
to help consumers have an effective and efficient experience while
receiving care at the CCBHC.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and
accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are
equally respectful to all.
- Builds effective, professional relationships by working in
partnership with consumers and families while emphasizing consumer
strengths, choice and empowerment
- Meets with every new consumer coming in seeking mental health
- Utilizes a trauma-informed, person-centered approach to work
with diverse populations.
- Participates in triaging crisis situations to consumers in a
heightened state and coordinates steps with other providers to
provide them the assessments needed for safety
- Displays sound judgement in crisis, ongoing treatment support
and in all facets of the job through respecting ethical boundaries
- Contributes to data collection and entry including CCBHC
outcome measures and NOMS assessments
- Coordinates with internal and external providers to ensure
quality care is received by consumers
- Utilizes constructive communication skills in person, over the
phone and electronically to coordinate care
- Engages in positive working relationships with within the
agency and with outside agencies
- Enters accurate CCBHC data into all required systems within
- Completes all assigned trainings by established deadline
- Completes related activities as assigned by the
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Basic familiarity with community mental health services in
general and services within Horizons Mental Health Center
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- One to three years' experience working in a behavioral health
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of
honesty and the willingness to do the right thing.
The ability to role model, inspire and motivate others to
promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of
Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of caring
that is reflected in a high level of empathy and customer service
with all that we come in contact.
Ability to manage conflict, consider other points of view, and
offer alternative solutions without jeopardizing overall project
direction and the ability to manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated track record of ownership of situations, projects
Able to work autonomously and have a high degree of flexibility
to adapt to changing projects, priorities and work volumes.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse
Treat all internal and external customers with a positive,
proactive service orientation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a proven
ability to influence and lead teams to conclusion/decision
- Proven ability to think strategically but also must be able to
lead day-to-day tactical processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and provide coaching and
leadership on complex projects.
- Must be able to lead and/or facilitate process
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- One of the following is required:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Social Work, Psychology, or
some related field OR
- Associate's degree with an additional 2 or more years'
experience working with educating and teaching consumers about
self-care, improving daily living activities OR
- Total combined years of schooling and experience (working with
educating and teaching consumers about self-care, improving daily
living activities) to equal 4 or more years
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or
Special Education (with specialized training in human development
and family dynamics)
- Three to five years' professional experience in mental health
services or a related field
- Within 30 days of employment the employee must have completed
CPST Case Management on-line training, KHS on-line training. Within
60 days of employment, the employee must have completed Adult Case
- Valid driver's license, insurance, and a dependable
We offer competitive pay, a generous benefit package and a
reason to be proud of what you do, every day.
Keywords: Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Inc., Hutchinson , Access Specialist - CCBHC - Same Day Acces - Horizons - FT, Other , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!