Operating Room Assistant - PRN
Company: Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Provides support to nursing staff and physicians in the delivery
of patient care in the surgical setting. Maintains and applies
principles of safety. Works in cooperation with other health team
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and
accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are
equally respectful to all.
- Assists in preparation of materials, supplies, and equipment
required for surgical procedures to facilitate timely procedure
- Ensures necessary supplies are available for anesthesia
- Assists with timely turnover of OR rooms upon completion of
procedures, including disposal of supplies and room cleaning
- Assists with transport of patients as needed
- Orders and restocks supplies and equipment as necessary
- Takes specimens to lab and performs other tasks / errands as
needed to support RN
- Abides by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
privacy and security regulations regarding all aspects of Protected
Health Information (PHI)
- Serves a population newborn to geriatric
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Multi-tasking and prioritization skills
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Previous exposure to a medical environment
- Medical terminology
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of
honesty and the willingness to do the right thing.
The ability to role model, inspire and motivate others to
promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of
Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of caring
that is reflected in a high level of empathy and customer service
with all that we come in contact.
Ability to manage conflict, consider other points of view, and
offer alternative solutions without jeopardizing overall project
direction and the ability to manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated track record of ownership of situations, projects
Able to work autonomously and have a high degree of flexibility
to adapt to changing projects, priorities and work volumes.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse
Treat all internal and external customers with a positive,
proactive service orientation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a proven
ability to influence and lead teams to conclusion/decision
- Proven ability to think strategically but also must be able to
lead day-to-day tactical processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and provide coaching and
leadership on complex projects.
- Must be able to lead and/or facilitate process
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or GED
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience as nursing assistant in an OR
- Healhcare Provider BLS through AHA or ARC before start
We offer competitive pay, a generous benefit package and a
reason to be proud of what you do, every day.
Keywords: Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Inc., Hutchinson , Operating Room Assistant - PRN, Other , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!