Registered Nurse-Clinical Services Director - Hospice
Company: Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer, the RN
Clinical Director/Manager has the opportunity to partner with a
passionate and supportive leadership team dedicated to elevating
standards of practice and achieving improvements in clinical
outcomes. The Clinical Director/Manager is responsible for the
provision of planning, direction, coordination, management and
supervision of nursing services to promote optimum patient outcomes
for those served by the agency.
Strives to achieve operating results through strategic thinking,
maintaining a customer focus, building relationships, developing
staff and motivating teams while ensuring cost effective, quality,
customer directed care and services to the patients and customers
of the agency. Designated to perform the duties of the Chief
Administrative Officer in his/her absence.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and
accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are
equally respectful to all.
- Improves the quality of patient care through staff education
and development, physician, patient/family satisfaction promotion,
performance improvement activities, staffing facilitation and
- Responsible for oversight of the following: coordination of
patient referrals, staff and patient assignments, coordination of
patient care, assuring that patient needs are being met and that
patient care plans are developed, implemented and updated.
- Aids in the agency's goal of retaining quality staff by
appropriately hiring, orienting, training, evaluating and
disciplining staff within established policy.
- Ensures orientation, training and competency based upon
evidence, best practice and industry standards are developed,
provided and documented for nursing and HHA staff.
- Ensures staff ability to perform patient care responsibilities
considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient's
- Ensures staff ability to perform all aspects of patient care in
an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the
likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a timely, measurable and
- Provides patient care related to the age of the population
served and maintains a competent knowledge base and skill level to
supervise areas of responsibility.
- Assists in administrative staff availability 24 hours per day
by being the designated administrator in the absence of the Chief
Administrative Officer and participates in after hour call
- Collaborates with medical and professional staff to
plan/coordinate joint patient and management objectives.
- Promotes and role model's effective communication, professional
relationships and staff accountability.
- Manages the overall clinical operations including but not
limited to: maintaining policies, assessing competencies, ensuring
regulatory compliance, monitoring quality, establishing improvement
plans based on current best practices.
- Advocates, supports and role models safe and high-quality
patient care as evidenced by exceptional patient satisfaction
scores, quality indicators, and staff engagement
- Builds a cohesive patient care team, including the development
of appropriate clinical, administrative and support staffing
patterns, recruitment, mentoring, and team-building.
- Supports and maintains an environment and culture of safety and
quality that enables the agency to fulfill its mission by meeting
or exceeding its goals.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional
manner that is consistent with the ICARE values.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current Medicare, Medicaid and
third party payer requirements for hospice and home care
- Possesses understanding of applicable state and federal
regulations as applicable to hospice and home care and communicates
updates to staff.
- Possesses understanding of the OASIS and HIS data collection
and reporting process.
- Maintains regulatory requirements, including all federal,
state, local regulations and accrediting organization
- Ensures agency compliance with organizational, program specific
policies/procedures, safety and health standards, and state/federal
- Attends and participates in committees, Quality, risk,
performance improvement and management meetings, as
- Assumes accountability for identifying problems and issues,
generating and supporting solutions, and anticipating effects of
- Effectively and consistently communicates administrative
directive to staff and encourages interactive departmental meetings
- Assists in preparing and managing the agency's annual
- Ensures optimal allocation of staff to workload ratios, to meet
- Performs efficiently in crisis situations following established
procedures, remaining calm, informing appropriate personnel and
- Performs documentation that is timely, concise and accurate.
Documents staff related issues and program events in an ongoing
- Abides by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
privacy and security regulations regarding all aspects of Protected
Health Information (PHI).
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Effective leadership skills.
- Extensive hospice and homecare knowledge including regulations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of MS Office software.
- Keyboarding skills.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Home Health OASIS Data Set.
- Home Care Joint Commission.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of
honesty and the willingness to do the right thing.
The ability to role model, inspire and motivate others to
promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of
Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of caring
that is reflected in a high level of empathy and customer service
with all that we come in contact.
Ability to manage conflict, consider other points of view, and
offer alternative solutions without jeopardizing overall project
direction and the ability to manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated track record of ownership of situations, projects
Able to work autonomously and have a high degree of flexibility
to adapt to changing projects, priorities and work volumes.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse
Treat all internal and external customers with a positive,
proactive service orientation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a proven
ability to influence and lead teams to conclusion/decision
- Proven ability to think strategically but also must be able to
lead day-to-day tactical processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and provide coaching and
leadership on complex projects.
- Must be able to lead and/or facilitate process
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Registered Nurse, graduate of an accredited school of
- Previous hospice and/or home health experience.
- Previous leadership experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certified as Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse.
- Managerial experience in hospice or home health.
- OASIS Certification
LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current licensure as a RN with the State of Kansas.
- BLS - BLS is required within three months of hire
- Kansas State Driver's License
- Auto Insurance equal to or greater than the Kansas insurance
We offer competitive pay, a generous benefit package and a
reason to be proud of what you do, every day.
Keywords: Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Inc., Hutchinson , Registered Nurse-Clinical Services Director - Hospice, Other , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!