Patient Registration Representative
Company: Hutchinson Clinic
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Provide excellent customer service to patients in the process of
scheduling appointments and accessing care. Assist patients with
resolving questions and concerns regarding their account.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
* Assist patients with scheduling appointments in a prompt,
courteous and helpful manner.
* Check-in patients for their appointment; verify and update
* Provide information in response to patient billing inquiries and
collect payment on account in person at time of service and over
* Manage cash drawer by counting funds at beginning of shift,
printing Phreesia report at end of shift and reconciling against
funds on hand. Prepares deposit of funds in excess of $100
* Facilitate contact between patient and Business Office to develop
payment plan when needed.
* Attend training events and meetings upon request.
* Consistently demonstrate good use of time and resources.
* Regularly support compliance and accreditation efforts as
assigned (e.g., OSHA, HIPAA).
* Be familiar with and consistently implement the organizations
mission and all approved policies, protocols, and procedures.
* Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
* Experience: Six months of customer service or other related
* Education: High School Education or GED equivalent.
* Other Skills:
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
* Excellent interpersonal and written skills for use with patients,
staff, and other health care professionals.
* Ability to apply concepts of excellent customer service (e.g.,
follow through, courtesy, tact and professionalism).
* Basic math skills and ability to use a 10 key calculator.
* Ability to maintain good judgement when handling sensitive and
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
* Work may require sitting for long periods of time; also stooping,
bending, and stretching for files and supplies.
* Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer
* Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be in the
normal range for telephone contacts.
* Work is performed in a call center environment, - indoors with
regular noise from coworkers taking calls.
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties,
responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be
amended at any time at the sole discretion of Hutchinson
Keywords: Hutchinson Clinic, Hutchinson , Patient Registration Representative, Other , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!