Pipe Laying Equipment Operator - Hutchinson, KS
Company: CRH Plc.
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Postal/Zip Code: []
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction, a part of the CRH Company,
is a multi-million dollar heavy highway contractor that was
established in 1874, and has multiple asphalt plants, ready mix
plants, rock quarries and sand operations in Kansas. Shears is
diversified with public, private and commercial work including
paving, utility, dirt-grading and concrete flat work. Our valued
employees produce quality work and products in a competitive market
with safety first at all times. If you are seeking a rewarding
career with challenging work, a variety of responsibilities,
potential for advancement and looking for benefits of a large
corporation with a small company feel, come join our team.
Construction Equipment Operator: Do you want to work for a company
that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that
values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and
benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then CRH
is the company for you! Apply for the Construction Equipment
Operator position today and jump start your career with the CRH
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team
environment with other co-workers and managers.
* Ability to operate various pieces of heavy equipment, including
loaders, excavators, dozers, graders, backhoes, etc.
* Be familiar with and incorporate information derived from the
manuals for the individual equipment being operated.
* Be familiar with the equipment and Daily Equipment Checklist
* Communicate with Project Manager/Foreperson as to the daily job
specifications; operate the equipment in a safe and responsible
* Perform daily pre-start up procedures; i.e. note the service due
date, check fluid levels and make sure the equipment to be used is
in good running order, complete Daily Equipment Checklist
* Discuss with supervisor the anticipated production, type of
materials being moved, number of trucks, etc.
* Be aware of other equipment working on the project and coordinate
to work with the other equipment.
* When possible, leave the equipment in a place that is readily
accessible to the Equipment Mover.
* Keep equipment clean. Wiping down equipment not only promotes
positive public image, but enables the operator to inspect the
equipment close range.
* Ability to follow directions.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Ability to perform the essential job functions with or without
The ideal candidate will:
* Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background
* Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
* Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration
* Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors and the general public at all times.
* Report to work at the designated start time.
* Be able to work long hours when required.
* Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined
in the Employee Handbook.
* Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist
co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
Must be able to complete safe driver training, possess a valid
driver's license with a good driving record.
* May be required to have or acquire a CDL as necessary
* Be at least age 18 years of age.
* Be able to communicate appropriately with co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public.
* Be knowledgeable of materials and equipment needed to perform
* Related experience in construction field (desired)
Keywords: Construction; Equipment; Operator; Hutchinson
What CRH Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's
largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of
family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large
sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family.
Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure,
letting you work in a small company environment while having the
career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding
challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Please complete your online application and profile which will be
sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your
interest in the Oldcastle family!
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction is an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer
Date Posted: Apr 29, 2022
Keywords: CRH Plc., Hutchinson , Pipe Laying Equipment Operator - Hutchinson, KS, Other , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!