Patient Accounts Representative
Company: Hutchinson Clinic
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Assist patients with all aspects of their clinic bill and health
insurance claims. Counsel patients regarding insurance and billing
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
* Access patient records and update payment and medical insurance
* Process patient payments and refunds.
* Identify medical coding mistakes, typing errors, as well as
patient underpayments or overpayments and rectifies them
* Create suitable payment plans for patients based on their monthly
income and financial obligations.
* Communicate with medical insurance providers to verify whether
patient treatments will be covered.
* Answer patients questions in person and by phone regarding
unsettled medical bills, reimbursements, and billing
* Contact patients by phone or via mail to inform them of overdue
* Contact collection agencies or attorneys to initiate the payment
collection process for delinquent accounts.
* Assist patients in applying for financial assistance and
* Consistently demonstrate good use of time and resources.
* Attend training events and maintain competency as required to
* Regularly support compliance and accreditation efforts as
assigned (e.g., OSHA, HIPAA).
* Be familiar with and consistently implement the organizations
mission and all approved policies, protocols, and procedures.
* Serves on committees and work groups upon request.
* Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge & Skills:
* Experience: One year of medical office or equivalent experience
* Education: High School Education or equivalent required.
Completion of a postsecondary education program in Medical Office
Administration is preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology and
patient billing preferred.
* Other Skills: Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook,
and Excel applications. Strong analytical and problem-solving
skills. Strong interpersonal skills including courtesy, tact, and
professionalism. Excellent organizational skills. Effective
communication skills. Exceptional customer service skills.
Detail-oriented. Ability to maintain good judgement when handling
sensitive and personal information.
* Work is performed in a typical office environment, indoors with
occasional equipment noise and frequent interruptions.
* Work may require sitting for long periods of time; also stooping,
bending, and stretching for files and supplies.
* Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer
* Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be in the
normal range for telephone contacts.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and
responsibilities comprising the position.
Keywords: Hutchinson Clinic, Hutchinson , Patient Accounts Representative, Other , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!