Full Time Office Assistant(Entry Level) - Hutchinson, KS
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: September 22, 2022
City: - HutchinsonState: - -KansasPostal/Zip Code: 67501APAC
Shears has been Building the Heartland from the Ground Up for over
a century. From the supply of aggregate materials, hot mix asphalt,
and concrete to the construction of roads and bridges, we do it
all. We offer a wide variety of services, products and materials to
serve your building needs. Our customers include contractors,
businesses, municipalities, government agencies, and homeowners
across Kansas.Position OverviewThis is a key position and is the
face of the company to everyone visiting our Regional operations. -
Provide administrative support in day-to-day office management. The
person will conduct the role in an effective, confidential, and
efficient manner, while demonstrating strong customer focus.Key
Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Warmly welcome and direct visitors in person or on the
- Answer calls from multi-line telephone system.
- Scheduling conference rooms
- Maintains security by enforcing check in procedures.
- Prepare outgoing mail for pickup by postal service or overnight
- Sign and appropriately distribute incoming priority or
overnight packages upon arrival.
- Manage requests in a timely and customer focused manner.
- Follow directions of supervisor as to daily tasks and
expectations for each specific project.
- Responsible for upkeep and care of work area.
- Filing and copying records
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Open mailbags delivered by area managers/verify COD cash and
- Sort, scan and file daily delivery tickets and raw material
- Order office supplies
- Maintain training records and log
- Provide day to day office management support
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is
requiredQualifications To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Education/Experience1-2 years of experience
supporting managers or comparable education. Knowledge/Skill
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information and maintain strict
- Demonstrate close attention to all details.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
- Demonstrated strengths in customer focus, action orientation,
problem solving, interpersonal savvy, time management, planning,
organizing, dealing with ambiguity, composure, organizational savvy
and drive for results.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.Work
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as per
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver's license that meets state
- Report to work at designated start time and work required
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment
(PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by
OSHA and/or MSHA. Physical RequirementsThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
- Able to communicate effectively with others by telephone,
electronic correspondence, and in person.
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, e-mail
communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- May require occasional lifting of objects up to 10 lbs. or
using exertion forces of pushing/pulling of up to 10 lbs. -Work
- Standard office environment such as a multi-function copier,
fax, scan, mail sorting/folding machine and multi-line
telephone.The statements included in this job description are not
intended to be all-inclusive. - They represent typical elements and
criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. - Other duties
may be assigned as required. - Requirements for this job are
subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and
reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programsAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud
heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a
proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and
regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together
form the CRH family. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.CRH is a
great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we
invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete
your online application and profile which will be sent directly to
the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the
CRH family! -EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please
click on this -. -Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer. -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Hutchinson , Full Time Office Assistant(Entry Level) - Hutchinson, KS, Other , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!