Sewer Maintenance Worker
Company: City of Hutchinson
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Job DescriptionImagine if you were given an opportunity to
connect with others who work to keep our community the most livable
and safe it can possibly be. If you like to work with your hands,
enjoy working outside and construction/repair work, you may be a
great addition to our Public Works team. Make a difference with the
City of Hutchinson!The Sewer Maintenance Worker assists with the
maintenance of the sanitary sewer systems. Maintaining sewer lines
and operating department equipment are the primary responsibilities
of this position. This employee should possess a strong mechanical
aptitude, effective communication and public relation skills.This
is an entry-level position; therefore, we would be willing to train
you on the following skills.A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Performs maintenance and repairs to the sanitary sewer systems;
maintains proper flow of sewer lines by performing cleaning and
repairs; responds to emergency calls including pager duties;
maintains safety at work sites.
- Drives and operates department heavy equipment including sewer
cleaners, video unit, backhoes, dump trucks and flush trucks;
inspects and maintains department equipment; installs sanitary
sewer lines; tests sanitary sewer systems; installs andrepairs
manholes; performs service taps.
- Locates sewer lines for construction projects; provides snow
and ice removal during inclement weather; assists during and after
emergencies; maintains and builds barricades; trains with the Water
- Performs all other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.WHAT
YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- EDUCATION: A high school diploma or GED is required.
- EXPERIENCE: 1-3 years of similar or related experience is
preferred. Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary
information and skills to perform the job reasonably well within 6
months of employment.
- LICENSES: A valid Kansas driver's license is required. Employee
must possess or be able to obtain a valid Kansas Class B Commercial
Driver's License (CDL) with air brake and tanker endorsements
within ninety (90) days of appointment.
- CERTIFICATIONS: A Class I or higher Wastewater Collection
System certification is preferred.
- RESIDENTIAL REQUIREMENT: Applicants must live within 25 minutes
of the City of Hutchinson Public Works facility and be able to
report to the facility within 30 minutes for after-hours emergency
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Medical & Dependent Care
- Retirement: KPERS & 457 Retirement Savings Plan
- Insured Disability
- Life Insurance & Optional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Death Benefit
- Service Connected Death
- Vacation Leave, Sick Leave, Wellness Day, Floating Holidays &
City Designated Holidays
- Employee Assistance ProgramThe City of Hutchinson employs over
400 employees that serve our community every day. City employees
make Hutchinson a great place to live, work, and play. We take
pride in our work and it shows. Come be a part of a workforce that
makes a difference! We're always looking for talented,
self-motivated individuals to join our team.City of Hutchinson is
an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified
candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: City of Hutchinson, Hutchinson , Sewer Maintenance Worker, Professions , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!