General Maintenance, Outreach Sites (Second/Third
Company: Hutchinson Community College
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential Functions
- Perform general maintenance such as (carpentry, painting,
plumbing, electric, etc).
- Perform a variety of grounds duties (i.e. pick-up leave/trash,
repairing lawn irrigation systems and snow removal).
- May include custodial responsibilities when needed.
- Maintain inventory at both sites.
- Perform emergency lights, exit signs, and fire extinguishers
inspections and repairs.
- Maintain maintenance records on site as well as bring required
documentation back to campus.
- The ability to work days, evenings and weekends.
- Arrive on time for work, attend work regularly and successfully
complete the responsibilities of the position.
- Comply with HutchCC policies, procedures and practices.
- Serve actively on campus committees. Secondary Functions –
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Director and
Coordinators of Facilities and input from the Associate Director of
- Must have a good driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience performing carpentry, plumbing, electrical, grounds
and other maintenance work.
- The ability and willingness to work in a variety of maintenance
- The ability to work effectively with many people.
- Physical requirements include the ability to safely push, pull,
reach, bend, stoop, climb, walk, carry, and to regularly lift up to
100 pounds; possess coordination sufficient to operate equipment,
tools, etc.; perform other physical activities as becomes
necessary; Visual acuity to view a computer terminal; this position
is rated at the heavy level with an indoor/outdoor work
environment; The ability to understand words and respond
effectively and appropriately; May work in adverse conditions with
possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, tissue, and communicable
disease; Ability to understand words and respond effectively and
appropriately; Use appropriate judgment and to apply tact and
courtesy in difficult situations;
- Successful completion of a physical capacity and drug screen
- Mental requirements include the ability to learn and comprehend
basic instructions about the position.
- Physical and mental qualifications must be performed with or
without a reasonable accommodation.
- The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection
purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if
sufficient to perform the duties. HOURLY WAGE and STATUS: The
hourly rate of pay is commensurate with qualifications as
determined by HutchCC administration. The employee in this
full-time support staff position will work approximately 40 hours
per week. This position is 12 months annual, benefit eligible,
at-will, and nonexempt.
Keywords: Hutchinson Community College, Hutchinson , General Maintenance, Outreach Sites (Second/Third, Professions , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!