Industrial Electrician- Hutchinson, KS
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: May 7, 2019
Position DescriptionPosition Title:ElectricianPipeline
Level:SelfReports To:ManagerFLSA Status:NonexemptDirect
Reports:NoneDepartment/Division:Oldcastle Materials Group/CW
DivisionPrepared Date:9/5/13Last Revised Date:2/17/14Position
OverviewThis position will be responsible for analyzing and
correcting electrical problems and repairing and overhauling
electrical equipment and controls.Key Responsibilities (Essential
Duties and Functions)
- Maintain all electrical components at company locations
including plants, scale houses and mechanic shop.
- Follow directions of supervisor as to daily tasks and
expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and
- Perform general labor duties when necessary.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is
- Other duties as may be assigned.?QualificationsTo perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree
- Vocational school or junior technical college training in
- Satisfactory completion of formal apprenticeship or completion
of in-plant, four year training program to satisfaction of the
plant training committee.?
- State license required (Grade III) for Installation and
- Must have a Journeymen's license and experience with VFD's,
softstarts and other motor controls.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator's permit to operate
electrician's cart and forklift truck for installation jobs.
- Valid state driver?s license and satisfactory driving record is
- Eight to ten years of increasing experience as Electrician.Work
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment
(PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by
OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but
not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard
toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances
- High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to
others when responsible for flow of electrical power.?Physical
RequirementsThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath
machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair
- List the physical requirements of the position.
- Need to make sure they make sense and that the weight limits
are accurate.?Work Environment
- Conditions where there is danger to life, health or bodily
injury such as closeness to moving mechanical parts; working on
scaffolding and high places; exposure to burns, radiant energy,
explosives, toxic chemicals, and electrical shock.
- Exposed to high voltage electricity.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot
and cold.The statements included in this job description are not
intended to be all-inclusive.? They represent typical elements and
criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.? Other duties
may be assigned as required.? Requirements for this job are subject
to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.City:?
[]APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction, a part of CRH
Company, is a multi-million dollar heavy highway contractor that
was established in 1874, and has multiple asphalt plants, ready mix
plants, rock quarries and sand operations in Kansas. ?Shears is
diversified with public, private and commercial work including
paving, utility, dirt-grading and concrete flat work. ?Our valued
employees produce quality work and products in a competitive market
with safety first at all times. ?If you are seeking a rewarding
career with challenging work, a variety of responsibilities,
potential for advancement and looking for benefits of a large
corporation with a small company feel, come join our
team.?Electrician-Do you want to work for a company that values
your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety
above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a
large corporation with a small company feel? Then CRH is the
company for you! Apply for the truck driver position today and
jumpstart your career with the CRH family.?Job Description
Summary?The selected candidate will be required to work in a team
environment with other co-workers and managers.???? Properly follow
all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and
environment.???? Report any problems to your manager.??? ?? Perform
minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems
to the Foreman.???? Must keep truck in a clean and orderly
condition.???? Operator will be responsible for a safe work
environment for themselves and co-workers.?? Properly follow all
company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working
procedures and environment.???? Follow directions of manager as to
daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or
jobsite.???? Assist in training less?experienced employees on the
proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further
their abilities.???? Perform general labor duties when
necessary.???? ?? Perform daily pre?and?post inspections with
appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.????
Assist in training less?experienced employees on the proper
operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their
abilities.???? Perform general labor duties when necessary.????
Perform other duties as assigned.?Work Requirements?The ideal
candidate will:??? Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal
background check.??? Pass a pre-employment ?Fit for Work?
physical.???? Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9
Immigration document.???? Display a professional and courteous
attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all
times.???? Be willing to travel and work away from home when
required.???? Be willing to work nights and weekends when
necessary.???? Report to work at the designated start time.???? Be
able to work overtime when required.???? Be willing to work
outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.???? Strictly
adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the
Employee Handbook.???? Have the willingness to work in a team
environment and assist co?workers or supervisors with other duties
as required.???? Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in
designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and /
or MSHA.???? Maintain current driver?s license that meets state
requirements. ??? Have a MVR that meets company standards.???? Be
at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working
environment.??Education/Experience??? High School diploma or
general education degree (GED) preferred.??? Previous related
experience in construction field is preferred.?Keywords:?CDL;
Construction; Kansas; Truck; HutchinsonWhat CRH Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programsAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud
heritage as one of North America?s largest corporations. We are a
proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and
regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together
form the CRH family. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.CRH is a
great place to grow! If you?re up for a rewarding challenge, we
invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete
your online application and profile which will be sent directly to
the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the
CRH family!APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction is an Affirmative
Action and Equal Opportunity EmployerEOE / M / F / Vet /
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Hutchinson , Industrial Electrician- Hutchinson, KS, Professions , Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!